Biking from Belgium to Spain
DONE BY: Rein | Groton School '15 | Scripps College '20
LENGTH: 2 months
LOCATION: Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Italy
PERSONAL GROWTH: ★★★★☆
KIND OF PERSONAL GROWTH MOST EXPERIENCED:
- Pushing myself physically
- Overcoming fear of having no stability
- 8am: wake up, pack up tent, pack up bike, start cycling
- Stop for lunch, check map, keep chugging
- 4pm: get to destination (40miles/day), check out the city
- Bike to campsite
- Pitch tent, sleep.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK/ACTIVITIES DONE:
- Exploring towns
Do it ALONE!!! Nobody to hold you back. Just pick a start point and a final destination and just START BIKING. Pitch a tent wherever you can or get an app that shows you campsites nearby.
MOST MEANINGFUL LESSON TAKEN AWAY:
I can bike far.